Butter Lettuce and Walnut Pear Salad
Ingredients (servings 4-6):
- 1 and 1/2 heads of butter lettuce, hand torn into bite size pieces
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thin sliced lengthwise, dipped in lemon juice
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces- sauteed in 1 Tablespoon Sadaf brand grapeseed oil
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar toasted till caramelized.
- 4 oz Sadaf brand grapeseed oil
- 4 Tablespoons simple syrup*
- 3/4 tspoon Sadaf brand Kosher salt
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
*Prepare a simple syrup using 3/4 cup water, 3 Tablespoons sugar, cooking over low heat until sugar is melted, measure amount needed for recipe.
Prepare dressing by whisking together the 4 ingredients Sadaf grapeseed oil, syrup, Sadaf kosher salt, and champagne vinegar.
Toss dressing with the rest of the ingredients.
When serving, sprinkle salad with Gorgonzola cheese to taste.
Dressing ingredients may be adjusted to taste.
Serves up to 6