with Maddalena Pinot Grigio or San Simeon Chardonnay. Serve warm over your favorite pasta or chilled as an excellent Summer appetizer with fresh sourdough bread.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 2 lbs. Calamari Cleaned and Cooked
- 2 tblsp. Butter
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tblsp. Crushed Garlic
- 2 tblsp. Minced Italian Parsley
- 9 Anchovie Fillets in Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Maddalena Pinot Grigio
- In a large skillet place butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley and anchovies.
- Over medium heat cook 2 to 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add wine while stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add calamari and simmer 15 minutes.
How to Cook Calamari ?
In a stock pot place calamari and cover with water; add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, rinse under cold water and clean calamari.