Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce
for Spaggetti/Rigitoni Ingredients (servings 4-6):
- 2 1/2 oz. butter
- 3 T. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, small dice
- 4 0z. dry white wine
- 5 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1 1/2 oz. tomato paste
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or chiffonade
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat and sauté garlic and onion until onion is translucent and garlic just begins to color.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, chicken stock. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer additional 15 minutes or until saue is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in basil just before serving.