Kefta Meatballs with Black Garlic and Pomegranate Molasses Glaze
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 pound hamburger (can use ground lamb, beef, or combination of both)
- 1/3 Bunch parsley
- 1 clove Sadaf black garlic (Item # 13-0922)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 cup Sadaf breadcrumbs (Item # 17-2940)
- Pink Salt and Peppercorns to taste (Item # 17-1727 Item # 17-1731)
- 1 tsp Sadaf allspice (Item # 08-1005)
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed oil (Item # 40-6006)
- 1 tbsp Sadaf Balsamic Glaze
- 1 tbsp Sadaf Pomegranate Molasses (Item # 34-5666)
- 1 tbsp Sadaf Honey (Item # 33-5440)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (Item # 40-6020)
- 1 clove Sadaf Black Garlic (Item # 34-5686)
- Whirl the garlic into a food processor.
- Add the onion and parsley and mix in the processor again until the onion is in very small pieces.
- By hand, gently incorporate the herb and vegetable mix with ground meat, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and allspice.
- Shape meat into meatballs.
- Over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil in pan. Put the meatballs in and cook slowly. Turn until light brown on all sides (about 15 minutes). If you want to bake the meatballs, bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, turning the meatballs over halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. In a food processor, combine 1 black garlic clove, peeled, along with the Balsamic Glaze, honey, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses. Whirl in a food processor until smooth.
- Once the meatballs are done, take out with a spatula and put on plate, then brush with the glaze.
- Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer, or with side dishes as a main entree.