Pan Fried Feta in Sesame
Ingredients: (Serves 4) (1 inch cubes)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (Item # 25-2532)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of paprika (Item # 08-1325)
- 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper (Item # 17-1731)
- 3 ounces of flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (Item # 11-1420)
- Olive oil for frying (Item # 40-6020)
- 1/4 cup honey (Item # 33-5440)
- 2 cups Grapeseed Oil (Item # 40-6006)
- To prepare the feta, start by cutting the block into slices of roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork. Into another bowl add the flour, the paprika and the pepper and mix with a spoon, to combine the ingredients. Into a third bowl, add the sesame seeds.
- Roll each piece of feta into the eggs, then roll into the flour. Roll each piece again into the eggs and then in the sesame seeds, so that all sides are covered.
- Heat about 7 tbsp of Grapeseed oil into a frying pan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan and saute the feta until nicely colored. Use a slotted spoon to flip the feta, so that it is nicely colored on all sides. When done, place on some Paper Towel to absorb the extra oil.
- In the meantime, warm the Honey into a saucepan until liquid.
- Serve the fried feta while still hot with a drizzle of honey.