Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab
Ingredients (servings 4-6):
- 12 to 14 large mushrooms, each about 2 inches in diameter
- 4 Tblspoons Sadaf brand grapeseed oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup chopped mushroom stems
- 2 slIces whole wheat bread, cut into very small cubes
- 7 and 1/2 oz crab meat, cut into small chunks
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 egg
- Tobasco sauce
- Sadaf brand Kosher salt
Wash mushrooms well and dry with a paper towel. Remove stems and set aside for chopping. Saute’ garlic, onion, parsley and chopped mushroom stems in the Sadaf grapeseed oil until onions are wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add minced bread and saute’, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place all ingredients in bowl. Add crab meat, cheese and egg. Mix by hand until well mixed, adding a few drops Tobasco sauce to taste. Add Sadaf Kosher salt to taste.
Brush mushroom heads with some Sadaf grapeseed oil, then stuff them with the bread and crab stuffing. Place stuffed mushrooms in low sided baking pan, or cookie sheet with a rim. Bake in pre heated oven at 400° for 35 to 45 minutes until done. Stuffed mushrooms will be golden on top.